what's happening in my town. BEAVERTON SCHOOLS
THIS IS SO WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS.
I HAVE SEEN THE LARAMIE PROJECT SEVERAL TIMES.... IT IS NOT JUST A PLAY ABOUT A GAY PERSON.
DIVERSITY ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS PLAYS CONCEPTS APPLY TO SO MUCH MORE.
IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO SEE THIS PLAY GO. GO. GO. GO
BEING DIFFERENT IS NOT BAD. BEING GAY, LESBIAN, QUEER IS NOT BAD.
I strongly encourage anyone to support there LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer) youth. Support means a lot to all youth and especially youth that don't have enough.
Know what you are saying....
Every said that's so Gay.... What does that mean? Why do you say it?
If you don't say my straight friend or here is a straight joke...Don't say my Gay friend or here is a lesbian joke for you...... We are normal people ...If you don't give all your friends a title why title one group.
Definitions: or Definitions. Definitions. I recommend reading it but here are few from one site.
Ally A person outside of one, some, or all of the GLBT communities whose attitudes and behavior are both anti-homophobic and anti-heterosexist and who works toward combating homophobia and heterosexism on the personal and professional level.
Ze, Se, Sie, Hir, S/he Gender non-specific pronouns
Woman One who identifies with the feminine gender role, regardless of present sex or sexual identity. (Plural: women).
Transgender (TG) A term used to include Transsexuals, Transvestites, and Crossdressers. It can also represent a person who, like a Transsexual, transitions - sometimes with the help of hormone therapy and/or cosmetic surgery - to live in the gender role of choice, but has not undergone, and generally does not intend to undergo, SRS (see No-Op).
Queer In the past, a derogatory term for gay men and lesbians. This has been reclaimed by more GLBT activists during the 1980s and used in such slogans as, "We're here, we're queer, get used to it!" Considered a more inclusive term than "gay," queer also refers to some radical politics and GLBT scholarly studies.
MTF or M2F Male-to-Female. Used to specify the direction of a change in sex or gender role.
Lesbians A gay female; Women who form their primary loving and sexual relationships with other women. Some lesbians perfer to call themselves "lesbians" and use the term "gay" to refer to gay men. Others use the term "gay" to refer to both gay men and lesbians.
Label How someone thinks of one, as opposed to how one sees oneself (see Identity).
Intersex Intersexuality is a set of medical conditions that features "congenital anomalies of the reproductive and sexual system." That is, a person with an intersex condition is born with sex chromosomes, external genitalia, or an internal reproductive system that is not considered "standard" for either male or female.
Gender Gender is expressed in terms of masculinity and femininity. It is how people perceive themselves and how they expect others to behave. It is largely culturally determined.
Gay Usually refers to a homosexual male, but can also refer to a homosexual female, as well as the gay community in general.
FTM or F2M Female-to-Male. Used to specify the direction of a change of sex or gender role.
|Marriage is love.|
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...
---Re-post this if you believe in legalizing gay marriage
|Marriage is love.|