Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A special post for a special pal

1.Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I don’t think I am a yarn snob. I like yarn and can think of many things to do with all sorts of yarn. Red Heart and Lion Brand both make yarn I would use for the right project. I have some very fun vintage RH in fantastic ombre colors that I can’t destash because I like it so much. I am learning that some types of yarn work better than others for certain projects.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I do both. I just got a spinning wheel in April and I love it. LOVE IT. I do crochet but only from a chart. Mostly doily’s and little trims.3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)I am allergic feathers, eggplant, cheap perfume, and almost anything that grows outside.
So I know these things are tempting to send me … hehe...but please keep the feathers far far away.
4. How long have you been knitting?

I have been knitting for sometime but only got past knit and purl in the last two years. My Mom taught me as a child then as I got older handed me a book and off I went.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I do have one I think. I will have to double check but mostly I think yes.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I am a vanilla girl. But I love many other scents more on the natural side less on the perfume side. Perfumes can make me sneeze.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

I do have a sweet tooth. Its very sweet and a glutton at times.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

The only one other than knitting and spinning is beading. I started that around the time I learned to knit. The beading was ahead for quiet a few years. I mostly knit know but adore making stitch markers and still do a little peyote.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I am a eclectic music junkie. I can play music on my computer. I don’t much care for rap but everything else is a go. Indigo girls, Brent Floren, Doria Roberts, Hank Willaims, five o clock people all good.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I enjoy color greatly. I like to wear earthy jewel tones and I like to look at sunset, ocean, and fire tones. I used to say I really did not care for yellow and orange but I am leaning to like them when they play with others. Someone once told me I had an eye for color and it has gone to my head ever since. I think we just liked the same colors together.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?My family situation is very fun. I am in the process of moving in with my gf (Sonny). We will be celebrating our Second year together on Fathers day. She is amazing. We have a zoo three dogs (Stevie 3, Cody 14, Shep 9) one cat (Sebastian 8), rooster (Renegade), three bunnies (mr. & mrs Bunny , Betty), and Two frogs, and a turtle (Turtle Turtle).

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

The simple version is to get my associates then my BF. I also want to be Happy which I think is the most important life dream. But I don’t have anything to complain about at the moment.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?I very much enjoy the blue moon fiber arts yarns and I also enjoy tahki donegal tweed yarn. Those are the only two that I can think of right now I don’t have to much trouble with yarn. I can only knit with cotton for a short period of time. I like to take sweaters apart so I have used recycled yarn for several large projects.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I am a lover not a not liker.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

I am obsessed with knitting. I am in a sweater, bag, sock funk. I have a large amount of WIPs that I have to go though and finish. They are so close I just need to finish them.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like cables. I don’t really care what the item is I just like to knit them. The twists and turns encourage me to keep going so I can see where it leads me next.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Currently on the needles and in the bag are B’s socks in knitpicks dye your own sock yarn. Then we have Martha made out of a recycled sweater. The socks only need a cuff and two toes. the sweater is a back and almost a left front.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

I don’t think about ponchos.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I like the 10inch straight needles for the most part. Circular needles don’t have enough for my hands to hold onto but I like them and use them.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I like them all depending on what I am doing. MY favorite needles are two pairs of steel needles size 1 and size 0. They are just weighted perfect. I have a tendency to snap and warp needles of all varieties. It happens just about the time they get good and worn in.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

I learned how to knit socks this year. They are fun and have enjoyed them greatly.

22. How did you learn to knit?

My Mom taught me.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

To old to think about.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I am not really an animated type character person. I have a licking for several comic book characters but not so much for the toons. In the animal kingdom I like turtles.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

I like the holidays when I get to spend time with my family and don’t have to work. Those are my favorite.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

I collect turtles.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I don’t have any. Most the time I peruse what comes into the book store to see if there is something I like.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

There are a great many books I would like to get my hands on but it all depends on my mood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks v.much - all info will help greatly.SP >

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I just wanted to give a greeting and tell you I like your blog. >