Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A big little search

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thanks for all the fun comments and little messages. It makes me feel good about my knitting and spinning.




Now I am on a quest for rainbow sock yarn.


The real rainbow colors; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, either indigo & violet, or purple. I keep coming up with variations of the rainbow colors or just primary colors. I was seriously looking at the Lorna's laces rainbow 601 until every card swatch I saw was a different rainbow. Here, here, Here. None of them even look similar. I am afraid of getting a wimpy version of the rainbow. So if you know who does a true rainbow yarn. Could you please let me know. I want to make a pair of socks for my somebody. We have a anniversary in June during pride week.

If I am unable to find true rainbow yarn I will just have to make stripy socks the hard way.

I swatched for Martha. I found a XXL men's cashmere sweater a couple weeks ago and I frogged it. It is a 2ply so I am using the yarn double stranded. It is super soft and a very noble blue. I feel a little dumb though last night as I was swatching I used two different sized needles. A 1 and a 2 needless to say this morning when I picked it up I could think of no reason why the other 2 was in a basket across the room. Light went on and I fixed it. Now all I have to do is finish the strawberry socks and I can start on her.

2 comments:

KarenK said...

I would recommend the Lorna's Laces, it's really bright rainbow colors, in spite of the poor color reproduction in the online pictures. If you're looking for a striped effect, though, you may not get it. Be prepared for some pooling instead of striping, and the socks will probably not end up an exact match. It's hard to predict, and depends on the stitch count and gauge. Good luck! >

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best! >