Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Secret Pal Fun

While I was taming the jungle of the baby shower blankie yesterday there lurked in my mail pile. A small package. A package from my secret pal.

Now before I show the greatness I have to tell you I am confused.

I got a pretty post card from my SP about a week ago. It had a lovely little message and said it was from Oklahoma. Now I made the assumption my pal was from WA because the packages were post marked from Seattle. So I am a little confused.
I guess it really doesn't matter other then I loved the card and I love the package.

With out further to do I introduce you to the package.


From left to right.

A lifetime of Girlfriends

"Be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love."

"Friendship is one thing that never fails to age gracefully."

The sayings are very encouraging but with wit and humor. The pages are so cute with women all together having a good time. It also uses different fabric prints and buttons for a flurrish. I like it.

Next we have a fridge magnet. If you have ever been to my house you know that there are word magnets on the fridge. This one says

live with intention.
walk to the edge.
listen hard.
practice wellness.
play with abandon.
laugh.
choose with no regret.
continue to learn.
appreciate your friends.
do what you love.
live as if this is all there is.
- mary anne radmacher

This to I really like. I will have to be on the look out for one of these for my sis. She post thoughts all over the place to reminder herself of how great life is and to appreciate it.

next we have:
Very cute sheep napkins. I will have to have a tea gathering so I can use these cute little napkins.

Next we have some wonderful little note cards with my initials on them. The front is a big D and you open them and there is a little d. I think these are great.


Thanks much secret pal I am still fondly looking at the yarn I got. It is sitting on my mantel in the only piece of crystal I own. I think the pink is destined to be a cap or scarfette. The mallard is still out. What are your suggestions? Here is what I am talking about.

I have used the stitch markers a lot. I really enjoy them. The picture frame has found a home on my dresser with a picture of my now past cat, Automobile. The dishy is hanging on the fridge looking pretty. I have been looking though my stitch book to see if I can find the stitch you used. I have not yet but I do now have several dishy's to give away. The soap is waiting for the tea party so I can put it out for special company to smell.


I sent my SP's a package this week and I am waiting for them to get to there new homes. I don't know why but I still think mail should get there much quicker then it does.

So I must now go plan a tea party...Do you want to come? What kind of tea should I have? will I require honey or sugar? Yes you can bring your knitting.


More on the blankie when it awakes from a nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could it be that you have two secret pals?!?!?! (giggle)

Anon in Oklahoma! >

Danielle said...

Well thanks! I have the posty card hanging out on my fire place with my other mystery pal cards. >