Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I got a secret pal

I know who my secret pal is ....Does the amazing secret pal dance..... I am so excited she seems nice....


planning planning..... Yeah

I am such and incredibly large dork. But I like me.

Someone has me as a secret pal....its a shocker of a day.

Here I give to you the getting to know you Questions from SP3


1.Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I am not a yarn snob. I think everything is good for something. If I had to choose from knitting with high end yarn or not knitting I would say pass me the Red Heart.

2.Do you spin? Crochet?

I do not spin but am hoping to learn how in the near future. The idea of being involved in a project so much is exciting to me. I also think dyeing roving sounds fun.

I have just started to crochet. I am on my third doily. I can’t read a crochet pattern but I can follow a chart. I like how small the yarn or thread is with crochet.

3.Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I am allergic to eggplant, feathers, and white diamond type perfumes. I also am allergic to much vitamin C. Its crazy what to much C can do to a person.


4.How long have you been knitting?

I have been knitting on and off since I was 10. Then have for the last two years Knit avidly.

5.Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I have no wish lists. I will see if I can create one.

6.What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I love vanilla almond. Or a sent called Mari Mari… things that are uplifting and soothing.

7.Do you have a sweet tooth?
I do like sweets especially salt water taffy. I am a hard candy fiend I just like it.

8.What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

We could be here all night if I listed all of them. I like to sew, I am just learning how to put together clothes. I bead and have for a long time, knitting and beading at the same time is a passion. ( I can never remember if it is bead knitting or knit beading). I enjoy turning old ties into needle cases. I use a plasma cutter to shape metal. And a thousand other projects.. I like to DIY stuff.

9.What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if you want to make her a CD)
I have a CD player but nothing fancier. I like many types of music. KD Lang, Five o clock people, Montgomery Gentry, Indigo Girls, Charlotte Church. I happen to be studying for my Theatrical Design Degree so love classical, musical, and opera… I am a lover of all except rap. There had to be one.

10.What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

This is kind of like the music question. I am drawn towards jewel tones or fire tones. I wear a lot of autumn shades and water colors. I decorate in Pastel greens and eggplant. My favorite color changes with the day.


11.What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a Girlfriend, Sonny Ann…yes that means I am …. We have several pets technically she has the pets but I love them to. Stevie Ray a blind little white puppy(2), Shep a very possessive pom (old), Cody a blue healer who just wants love and a bath (12), Sebastian the cat of many moods (4), Renegade the rooster who just appeared (?), Mr. & Mrs. Bunny they were adopted (?), and lastly we have a couple of frogs and a fish.

12.What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

To be happy.

13.What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I don’t think I have found my favorite yarn yet. I like soft fuzzy yarns. Or smooth thick yarns… Damn I just like yarn and am patient enough to work through even crappy yarn.

14.What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I am not a big fan of some of the novelty boa yarns. They are a little to floofy for me. But I have made several scarves out of them.

15.What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Bags bags bags….I am currently obsessed with making bags. I want to make a felted needle bag. Like the old knitting tubes.

16.What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Afghans and bags. Not necessarily in that order.

17.What are you knitting right now?

Numerous things. I am working on a Pirate afghan for my Girl. A baby blanket for my HS friend, a swap-afghan in reds, brown, and black. I also have a pair of beaded fingerless gloves to finish, a baby wrap, and bag that needs lining. Plus a couple that I have sent to the back of the line.

18.What do you think about ponchos? (this is really a curiosity question for us)

I have never worn a poncho and can’t quite fathom knitting one for myself. I could see my sis in one and I imagine she will ask for one.

19.Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I like Circular that have a nice weight to them other wise I like dpn’s then lastly I like a good pair of straight needles.


20.How did you learn to knit?

My Mom showed me the basics then gave me a book.

21.How old is your oldest UFO?

Five months. I don’t have a long term memory for things that are not in my daily life. There might be something older but it is long forgotten and stuffed in the corner.

Who thats a lot of me...But I have a secret pal to spoil.



0 comments: