Thursday, July 28, 2005

Spending a little

I have been spending a little bit of money on my hobbies. I seem to go to sleep and when I wake I have added another one. Its crazy but all my purchases of late have been devoted to using up stash....or acquiring. But mostly using.

I finished my shawl so it seems justifiable to add a little. The only thing I had to purchase was the pattern. SO I got another shawl started. The Ostrich Plumes Triangle Shawl I am using some pretty blue wool. Its a very cool pattern and super simple to make. I like some of her sock patterns to.

Then I bought Knitting from the Netherlands( I did not purchase an Amazon copy...hehehe 40 bucks is not in the budget.), vintage doily patterns, and 73 vintage workbasket books. I am sure there are some great finds amongst all those books. Just the pictures from certain eras are worth owning. The Doilies have flower themes and I am super excited for them to arrive.

Do people even own doilies anymore? I know I have several and made several but is it a common thing. Do people even own one?

The last of course is yarn. I bought yarn for my secret pal so I can't share with you but it was fun. I picked up only a couple yarn things for me. Some pinky red lace yarn and some bright blue lace yarn. They are both a two ply lace weight but one is not quite a thin as the other. They will make great Doilies as well.

0 comments: