Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A future

Some of my projects have no future. They will never become anything other than a started project. This one is lucky it has a future as a lace leaf shawl. I thought the colors looked pretty for the shawl. They should make stripes. Shifting strips not bold color slashing strips. I could tell you I was going for green blue coloration but I was not it just happened that way. A pretty what have you.


I might be a little obsessed with this color shifting thing. Just to make you feel better that I am not being taken over by slow moving color I bring to your attention a solid bright color spinning project. I have half a pound of this Merino Silk. It is a very shocking pink but very soft. It spins up very nice as well. I don't know what I will be doing with this one. The shimmer on it is wonderful.

I also got some mohair to try and spin. I am waiting for a very confidant day to try it. I have no heard much about spinning mohair. I have heard about dying it and that it takes color well, but the mohair I got is black so really I think Spinning is my best option. But maybe I will mix it with something. I have to go research now.

0 comments: