Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Blues color

I have been having fun with color. Trying to get a color fade from one shade to the next. I can do it with three colors but now I am trying to get the colors that happen when the two mix. Not just a little mix but turning that into a whole color. I am using the same colors that I was using before green, blue, and red. The last skein I made turned out really well but I had lime, blue, and purple. This time a I did a little better. It goes from lime, to a turquoise, to a pale blue, then a short bit of dark blue, to a odd shade of purple, to dark purple to Burgundy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comThis picture does not show all the colors but you can defiantly tell there are four different ones. I did several different batches using the same colors and got basically the same results but in different lengths. Some of it has more blue or less purple but it does all go through more than three changes of a paired of time. I can't wait to see how the rest spins up.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I learned from Deb that Fiber arts northwest was closing and in there last days was having a yarn sale. So I visited them on the 4th. They are on the waterfront and they had the blues festival going at the same time. Blues and shopping how great is that.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Well I did a little damage and some it is flying away to my secret pal. Others is going to my back tack pal. More on both later.

0 comments: