Thursday, July 21, 2005

Finished



The process parade style.

A couple packets of Image hosted by Photobucket.com added to a Romney wool.

Than throw in a little Image hosted by Photobucket.com action (This is Sonny learning to spin.)

Which produces Image hosted by Photobucket.com that you decide to knit as a single.

You Image hosted by Photobucket.com pick the lace leaf shawl pattern and start knitting.

The knitting produces Image hosted by Photobucket.com which makes you nervous.

A little Image hosted by Photobucket.com calms your nerves and makes you want to try it all over again.


The shawl was finished yesterday and started last Thursday. It was a lot of fun to see the process from the start to finish. I made the Shawl for Beckys birthday. So as soon as it finished blocking I wrapped it up and she opened it later in the evening. I can't wait to make another one.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your spinning - you will have to give me instructions a little later on when we can chat "openly" and not so secretly (heh heh)......btw I posted your last parcel today so I guess you should have it in about 6 days.....hope you like your goodies....SP >

Deb said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with how fast you have become a pro. The shawl looks beautiful.
Thanks for the link. She is doing some really cool projects. >

Anonymous said...

That is incredible! What a great shawl and beautiful yarn...I love how it worked out. >

Anonymous said...

That. Is. Amazing. Seriously...I'm speechless! The colors are gorgeous, and the fact that you spun, dyed, and then knit it upis wonderful. You actually make me want to learn to spin!!

By the way, thanks so much for the beads, I got them weeks ago and never said thanks...so...thanks! I love the little dice:) >

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - love how you did everything (you didnt shear the sheep right? hehe) from dyeing to knitting. Great stuff chickie! >

Anonymous said...

i love the way that the shawl turned out, much nicer than my plain white one! you have taken to spinning like a duck to water. >

Anonymous said...

That is amazing. I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful leaf lace shawl. I would love to have that talent. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Alyx
http://stringtheoryfiberarts.typepad.com >

Lisa said...

Wow-- that is so beautiful. I'm in awe :) >

Peggy said...

Phenomenal!! You might inspire me to drag out my plain roving and my dyes. >

Amy Boogie said...

Your shawl is absolutely stunning! >

eyeleen said...

Beautiful shawl! I love the colors. >

Jenn said...

OH MY GOODNESS. I don't think I have ever seen anything so beautiful! >

Anonymous said...

Super work performed. >