Monday, April 04, 2005

Yarn attack

I went to the yarn swap that Deb hosted. It was a riot of fun. I met some very awesome knitters and swapped great yarn. We even got to knit a little together.

I also got a drop spindle with some merino. Its fun. PK showed me how to use it even and I had fun with it all day. Its very very exciting. I spun a very long skinny thick slubby piece. She even told me about what happens when you just knit singles. I may try just for the interesting effect. Other than the spindle I got some grey cotton, sock yarn in a pretty color way, and a cone of unidentified yarn.

While searching the stash I realized I have a bunch of yarn that I had forgotten I even had. Not great stuff but fun stuff and good teaching yarn. I am hoping the Becky's group of knitters will want some of it for projects.

I also went to queer knit. I have not gone to a meeting in a while and i had forgotten how much fun I have knitting in a group. Steph even stopped by. She had some infectious excitement about her. Nupps and Vikkel braids (PDF)

The knitting is great. I am working on a pair of socks in blue moon fibers, farmhouse color way. I got it from Farm House knits in Beaverton. I also got my secret pal a gifty roo.

Be well

2 comments:

Korin said...

Were you at Mabel's on Sunday??? :D we knit there every sunday evening... you're welcome to join us anytime! >

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link for instructions on the Vikkel braid and the Nupp stitch. I may have to tackle that pattern from Knitting on the Road now. It was fun to see you. Sorry I couldn't stay longer. >