Monday, April 18, 2005

Spun by me

I have not been lacking in knitting I have been progressing in spinning.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am very proud of my little bundle of yarn.

I bought the blue face leicester roving from Northwest Wools.

It was colored by Woolgatherings Fibers. It is a multitude of colors yellow, green, blue, purple, aqua, and all that goes in between. I like how it turned out but I don't know if I could knit with it. I might have to just look at it for awhile... a long while

I spun it on my drop spindle and then plied two groups of singles together and got 60 yards of goodness. I still have a little bit of roving left and a bit of single.

This one turned out so well I bought more roving . This one is superwash corriedale in a much different colorway. It is not as sticky as the blueface leicester and not as slippery as the merino I started with. I won't show you a picture of that, it turned out looking like a bunny got run though a dryer than rung out. The corriedale is turning out very thin. I am trying to keep it all about the same but I am new so it comes and goes with the consistency.

Must pet my yarn.

6 comments:

StarKnits said...

pretty yarn!!!! >

jodi said...

Ooh, it's gorgeous.

I've been thinking of getting my drop spindle out this summer and giving it another go, and I must say that while people like you inspire me, you also set the bar pretty high ;) >

Korin said...

Holy cow! you did that on a drop spindle? I Have one and tried and tried to use it (although I never had a lesson) and made nothing attractive. I'm inspired! Gorgeous!! >

Anonymous said...

Danielle...that is just beautiful! I love it! >

Karen said...

Danielle it is sooooo pretty! :) >

Deb said...

Wow! You caught on quick. What will it become? >