Friday, January 20, 2006

Reason

Reason number 46 for carrying a sock in progress with you at all times.

You never know when you are going to have to stop for a train. A train that is not moving...Then it goes forward then it stops some more.... And finally it goes backwards. You can get a lot of sock knitting done in the time it take a train to make up its mind.

I went BEAD shopping...Beads are like yarn...Only they take up less space. Besides I really really like making stitch markers..Which is about the only thing I bead these days but I was thinking for the Knitters Olympics I might try some bead knitting. There was a stunning bag at the local yarn shop. STUNNING!

But the beads I bought...






I know they all look similar but...They are not! I bought some other random pieces but nothing so special as the lampwork beads. The first two are not really knitting friendly as they would snag. But I will find some great use for them...

2 comments:

Lisa G said...

Hey I bought some of those flower beads when I was in China. Mind filling me in on how much you paid for them? Just very curious.

Oh, and I've finally found the camera and have posted about my FAB bag of goodies! Thank you, thank you, thank you. LOVE THEM ALL! >

Anonymous said...

if you like lampwork, check this lady's work! http://sabrinapierson.com/ >