Tuesday, October 10, 2006

How long

How long do you look for a lost needle. A needle you had in your hand not five minutes ago.

I am sitting on the couch knitting and watching the tube. I have five sock needles while I am turning the heel. I get a phone call and put down the knitting. Finish my call and go get some tea. Come back to the knitting pick it up and am short one needle.

Suspects: Frankie was lying on the arm of the couch. Normal day time activities include putting anything shiny on the floor to bat around.

Shep is not guilty because he was a sleep on the back of the couch. Snoring.

Sesbastion is not guilty he followed me into the kitchen and has not been on the couch with the knitting all afternoon.

Cody was sleeping on the floor but being fairly large could be hiding something a smaller more agile pet could have passed him.

Turtle turtle and Whale can't be party to such happenings.

Everyone seems to have guilty eyes.

I spent a goodly amount of time questioning each suspect. GOODLY! All parties cleared after a good look see as the missing property was found.......Behind my ear.

Knit on.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL Pardon me for giggling, but I do stuff like that all the time. I just told my husband last night that I spend half my life looking for things. I know I spend half my knitting time looking for needles. >

Jae said...

If I had a dollar for every time I did that, I'd be able to buy a new needle instead of look for the missing one. :) >