Thursday, June 30, 2005

Spinning wheel keep on turning

The recently spun merino. There is still a bit to spin yet. This is a lovely eggplant that for some reason I decided to put with a lavenderish grey. I am not as excited about this color combo as I was when I started. I am happy to say look no kinks. This one is not overspun to the point of death. Happy Merino Happy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



My other new spinning project was this lovely merino tencel. It has a lovely shimmer and shine. It also spun up really quick and easy. I was have a bit of an issues with the merino slipping out of my fingers and twirling away. It gave no regard to the fact I was trying to make yarn. It and my fingers finally found a happy medium. We produced a very nice little bundle of two ply.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Next we have a group shot. It is not all of the yarn I have spun but it is all that was lazily lying about. Some of it is from the drop spindle and some from the wheel.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Next I am going to try and photograph the great package my SP sent me.

2 comments:

Korin said...

Your spinning is making me dizzy! :D I so have to learn to spin! >

Anonymous said...

Ahhh - you are so sweet! A little kudos goes a long way...down the the southern hemisphere in fact...SP >