Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A little crazy

A little yarn crazy this week. My stash is divide between two houses and I just sorted out a huge...huge box for garage sale. So i figured I needed to by more. Like a hole in the head I need more.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com The first was some Silk City Chenille. 5.5 pounds in a Basil green color 1300ypp. I have really wanted to try the silk city chenille. I don't know if I need to try it in five pound increments but it always looks so good. I generally don't find it in my price range either. 30$ a pound is not in my price budget, even with free shipping. It may be a little thin but I think I can double it for a bulkier yarn.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comCashmere57% cotton43% a pound in a dark grey. I don't know what I am doing with this yet. Again something I wanted to try and splurged a little on but it seems worth a try.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com 2.5 pounds all wool in a great thick thin randomness. It is like one giant single. I can see some fun dyeing projects here. I can also see it added to the pink sweater I frogged last week.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Almost 6 pounds of violet wool 1000 ypp. YUM! Many many posibbilities here.

When I am not busy at work I spend money. I should find something to do before I go broke.

Yeah I think I need to get going on some bigger projects that are not on a size 2 needles. Martha's front is once again to the arm shaping.

3 comments:

shetha said...

Where do you find all of these yummy yarns? IS the fact that they're all on cones because you're machine knitting or do you prefer your yarn that way? Congrats on your stash enhancement... >

Anonymous said...

Good question shetha. I was just going to ask the same thing. Do tell. SP5....:) >

emy said...

I am trying to hold off my purse but it seems that each time I go into my stash to pick up a ball, I need to go out to buy some more yarn to complement it. [sigh] >