Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Behold

Behold my first pair of socks.




Yarn - Cascade 220 Superwash (from my Secret Pal 3 Marti)
Needles - Brittany Birch 4's
Pattern - I used several sources mostly from a book called spinning, by Lee Raven (because someday in the future I am going to learn to spin). The diy network had helpful heel tips. The cables were my idea.

They are not perfect and are not identical but I like them.



Big Pics.

I have already started my second set. This time trying a toe up pattern on two's.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Very pretty Danielle! There is nothing like handknit socks...enjoy them! >

Karen said...

Very pretty Danielle! There is nothing like handknit socks...enjoy them! >

Karen said...

Very pretty Danielle! There is nothing like handknit socks...enjoy them! >

Deb said...

Great color and I love the cables! Congratulations on your first pair:) >

Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Beautiful socks! You did such an amazing job on your first pair! >

Danielle said...

Thanks all. I really like my socks and have had to show them to everyone. Even the people who come in to my office.

They are great! >

Anonymous said...

Danielle, I am very proud of you. Those are beautiful socks. >

Anonymous said...

Those are phenomenal for first (over even 10th) socks! Great job! >