Sunday, March 25, 2007

The class pattern

So what is the pattern? I think it is this Great Aran Afghan or a version very similar. I thought my booklet was from Paton's. But I have not got the actual book yet. They were out of stock so I am using a photo copy of the first sq until my book comes in. I have 10 lines of the first sq to finish. I don't know if I like how it knit up on eights. I may reknit it on 7s to see if I like it better.

I picked a very soft yarn that shows cables ok. But the purl stitches between my cables seem wonky. It might just be me and the fact that I like tight cables. I thought I was going to knit on sevens to start out with but you know I have no idea were my sevens are. I must own a pair but I could not find straight or circular sevens.

The yarn is misti alpaca cotton/silk. your now going duhhh ment for drape not for cables. I liked it and it does show up pretty well. I am using kiwi/ khaki/ and one other that I have not decided on.

Socks are knitting slowly as I knit them at work and have several days off.

D

0 comments: